Public Liability Insurance
To get a special deal on Public Liability Insurance please write to Ian Davidson at our sister Federation: the FVFS (Federation of Victorian Film Societies).
Please include the following details:
- The name of your Film Society.
- The location/address of your screenings.
- Which Federation you are a member of (Federation of Queensland Film Societies)
- The number of members you have.
- Whether you require $10 Million or $20 Million cover,
- Details of any special events or festivals you wish to include.
- The date you want your cover to commence.
- Your annual gross income (if applicable)
- Your film society's contact person: Their name, address, email and phone number.
Please attach a copy of your QLD Federation membership certificate to your email.
What happens next?
Ian will pass on your details to the recommended insurer and make sure you get a discount.
The insurance company will send you a detailed, no-obligation quote.
Thereafter the insurance company will deal with you directly.
The FQFS is an affiliate of ACOFS (Australian Council of Film Societies) and in cooperation with ACOFS makes available a number of valuable information sheets.
CLICK HERE to browse them all, including:
- Borrowing from the NFSA
Guidelines on borrowing films from the Non-Theatrical Lending Collection (NTLC) at the National Film and Sound Archive (NFSA)
- How to Obtain your DVDs & Get Screening Rights
Explains the three key steps involved in getting non-theatrical screening rights for your film society before you screen a film.
- DVD Distributor Contacts
This is for film societies who are members of an ACOFS affiliated state Federation. It details all DVD distributors co-operating in the ACOFS agreement, the studios they cover and how to contact each distributor.
- DVD Agreements – Info for Distributors
Useful information for distributors who would like to collaborate with ACOFS to reach the film society movement of Australia with their film catalogue.